This game can help children to remember all the different parts of washing their hands.
In this game make up a set of fun actions to help remember the different steps of hand washing.
- Ask the children what you do first when you wash your hands. Do you get soap? Fetch water?
- Once they’ve decided what comes first, make up a hand gesture to represent it.
- Something like turning a tap, or rubbing your hands together. Practice it together.
- Now, what comes next? Once they’ve decided the next step, make up a gesture for that one.
- Keep going until you’ve got a set of hand gestures for everything you do when you wash your hands.
- Start off slowly, then do it quickly, then do it slowly again.
Now ask the children some questions to help them learn more:
- What hand gesture did you choose?
- Why is it important to wash your hands?
- When should you wash your hands?