This game helps children practise their sense of balance.
This is a game about balancing things on different body parts. Do you have a small object for each child, like a pencil, a bottle cap or a twig?
- Give each child an object and ask them to balance it on their hand.
- See how long the children can balance the object.
- Now try the BACK of your hand instead. Is that harder?
- Now try other body parts. How about a foot? Or a head? Ask the children to make suggestions.
- Which one is the hardest? Which one is the easiest?
- If you want to try it competitively, see who can balance on each body part for longest.
Now ask the children some questions to help them learn more:
- How do you balance something?
- Was it hard to balance?
- Why was it hard to balance?