A Giant Body
This game helps children think about the different things their body parts help them to do.
In this game, children imagine a giant body and run around it.
- To start with, choose different places around you to be different parts of a giant body.
- Maybe one tree is the legs, another is the arms, and a building is the head…
- To start off with, call out the body parts and tell the children to run to the right place.
- Now it gets trickier. Instead of calling out a body part, call out something you do with your body.
- When you do, the children should run to the body part they use for that activity.
- For example, if you call out THINKING, they should run to the head. Or for WALKING, the legs.
Now ask the children some questions to help them learn more:
- Were you able to follow the activity for each body part?
- What did you use as body parts?